Consultation | Advice | Results
Purchase your Dream Home! Are you thinking about buying a house today? Okay, maybe not today, but are you thinking about it? Buying a home can be overwhelming. There is so much information available on the web that is is hard to bring it all together to make a decision. We call this analysis paralysis. Interesting enough, once you find a home that you think would be a great fit for you there are several more processes to get through: Negotiating an offer, negotiating inspections, getting the loan, and managing the escrow process. You need seasoned professionals to get you to the final closing and “jingle celebration” where you are handed the keys to your new home. We have 24 years combined experience and over 200 satisfied clients to show that we can get you where you want to go.
OUR GOAL: To educate you to the market and help you negotiate the lowest possible price and best terms for your home – sometimes this just means winning the bid and getting your home.
What The Kearney Group will provide you:
- Complementary Initial Consultation to Assess Your Needs
- Access to MLS and Non-MLS Listings
- Preview all Appropriate Listings
- Market Knowledge to Negotiate a Fair Price
- Expertise in Negotiating Inspections
- Knowledge on Local and State Disclosure Requirements
- Title Company, Inspector, Real Estate Attorney, Contractor & Service Recommendations/Referrals.
- A Successful Transaction
- After Sale Service
We strive to impress you with our knowledge, dedication and services so that you will refer us your friends, family and neighbors. Click the “Let’s Talk” button and send us your information today or call 415-297-3874 for our detailed Buyer’s Guide and to set up an appointment.
PURCHASE YOUR DREAM HOME
A step-by-step game plan for what to expect from initial consultation all the way through to the closing of your home.
1. Initial Appointment – The purpose of the initial appointment is to understand your “needs and wants” as a buyer. This may be the most critical meeting of the home buying process. During this appointment, the entire purchasing pathway will be discussed.
2. Determine the Purchasing Parameters – There are three criteria every buyer uses to find their home: location, price and style/condition. These criteria, along with your “needs and wants,” will determine the properties we search for and the homes we initially view.
3. Acquire a Pre-Approval – Viewing homes without a pre-approval usually leads to disappointment. Buyers who are wise discuss their financial situation with a reputable lender and acquire a pre-approval. A pre-approval creates an opportunity for you to not just understand what you qualify for, but ultimately to decide what you can afford. Having a pre-approval greatly enhances your negotiating position – especially in a competitive market.
There are three criteria every buyer uses to find their home: location, price and style/condition.
4. View Homes – The process of viewing homes provides you with information in order to make the best decision
possible. Helping you find a home is a process of elimination; not a process of selection. Viewing homes you don’t like is not a waste of time; it helps build a frame of reference to help you find what you do like.
5. Write the Contract – The best way to prepare for the contract phase of the transaction as a buyer is to review a blank copy of the purchase contract. Reading the contract prior to making an offer will make you much more comfortable during the negotiation phase.
6. Deposit Earnest Money – An earnest money deposit is the best way of communicating to the seller that you’re serious about purchasing their property. Earnest money is kept safe in a trust account until those funds are used to close the transaction.
7. Perform the Home Inspections – After the contract is fully accepted and all terms are agreed upon, a home inspection can be performed if the contract allows. The inspection will allow you and the inspector you hire to take a more thorough look at the property. This inspection will give you a far greater understanding of the property you are purchasing.
8. Final Walk Through – After the mortgage has been approved, a final walk through is encouraged. On the final walk through, you will re-inspect the property to ensure it is in an acceptable condition and that any personal property conveying is present.
9. Execute the Closing Documents – Once the contract is accepted, inspections performed and mortgage approved, the closing will be set and final documents will be executed. You will be directed by the appropriate party as to the time and date of this event. Either a formal closing date will be established by a closing attorney, or an escrow officer will close the transaction.
10. Home Delivery – Upon the conclusion of the paperwork and transfer of ownership, you will receive the keys, garage door openers, and any documents/warranties that convey with the property. You will then become the rightful owner. It’s time to move in!
© 2014 Buffini & Company. All rights reserved.
Call today to purchase your Dream Home! 415-297-3874